Everything, what in the manor for the outdoor recreation
While it is winter – 3 km cross-country Ski track near the manor or near the town of Madona (10 km) an illuminated international level night track or Gaizinkalns and Lidokalns (16 km), ice skating rink, sled hill and sleds, board games. Everything for children’s swimming in the inside swimming pool – swimming rings, water wings (baby pampers for swimming are not provided); fireplace and library. Extra charge: cross-country Skis, skates.
- To Teresa pine (for lovers of history and legends), through the manor park to the springs,
- To the Arona river across the meadow,
- To the Mārciena parish museum,
- To the Mārciena castle ruins,
- To the restored and active Mārciena Russian Orthodox Church
(0.5 km, 15 min., walking step).
- Teiči reserve (prior arrangement 7 days in advance),
- The largest rabbit farm in the Baltics with a lookout tower with a view of the rabbit garden “Sveķi” (3 km, by prior arrangement);
- The largest goat farm in the Baltics with a talking goat “z / s Līvi” (3 km, by prior arrangement);
- Extensive offer from the Tourism Information’s Center – a tour through the most interesting places, manors and farms of the Madona district (distances between 5 and 30 km from Mārciena manor);
- Sports and leisure centre “Smeceres sils” (6 km);
- Berry plantation with the possibility to both – read and buy berries – JSC “Jāņkalni” (8 km);
- Madona town’s restaurants, pubs, markets and shops ((~ 11 km), taxi or public transport);
- Potter’s Jānis Seiksts workshop (near Madona, 11 km, +371 26126247);
- Gaizinkalns (16 km);
- Rēķu Hill (20 km);
- “Braki” – R. Blaumanis houses, “Menģeļi” – Jurjāni native houses (25 km)
- Cesvaines (40 km) and Grašu castles (44 km)
- Hunting (prior arrangement 30 days in advance, organized by the hunting club);
- Stand shooting range (prior arrangement 20 days in advance).